A team of professional medicos, nutritionists and counselors lead by Dr C H Asrani, the visionary behind HEAL has behind him over 30 Years Corporate Healthcare experience having certified thousands’ health status.
Dispensing Health the digital way!
- Modern technology is fast changing the way we live our lives. How can health be left behind? For long, written and verbal communications have traditionally been the primary ways for communicating health information. However, today, innovations in communications technology, Internet and mobile telephony are taking interaction between clinician and patient to new heights.
- With e-Health, health evangelism is extended to a wider audience. Your employees can now gain access to HEAL´s path breaking approach to wellness. On their way to work, at work, or after work. With a package of e-mail contacts, SMS and mobile connectivity for pre-determined hierarchy, organizations can use this benefit to complement their employees’ existing health care as an easy resource for quality medical advice on their particular health questions and concerns. To better implement and execute this program, we work with client organisation’s IT department.
- With the use of e-mail or prescription by SMS, employees who are on the move can also stay connected with their clinician. More importantly, it helps cut down on time and remains confidential. Plus, it has all the conveniences of accessing essential information at your work desk.
- The next time, your employee feels unwell - all he needs is a phone. After filling in a short telephonic query form, which is coupled with his medical history, the employee can be offered advice in addition to prescriptions.
An organizations biggest asset is its PEOPLE, yet most companies don't apply the same rigor to managing their employee health that they bring to other business investments. While they view the health of their financial and infrastructure assets with a close eye, having built systems and ownership mechanisms to track their progress, the sustenance of employee health has been, by and large, relegated as a back office administration function without any clear strategy.
In the last decade the effects of these practices have surfaced in poor efficiency & productivity metrics, as a result employee health is now a "front burner" issue for most organizations. A healthy work force is indeed a prized soft asset for any organization that is aiming for superlative results.
At HEAL our mission is to provide
- high quality
- cost-effective and
- customer-focused interdisciplinary health care
It includes complete care of individuals and families using clinical, behavioural and information sciences. We lay special emphasis on early diagnosis and cost effective management of common ambulatory problems, rigidly pursuing Evidence Based Medicine.
All our offerings are built around behaviour modification - the single most effective means of preventing diseases and improving the quality of life - and continuity of care with professional reinforcement - the most significant variables in sustaining long-term success.
HEAL Assess - The First Step Towards Managed Employee Healthcare
- Assessment of employee health thru an exclusive in-house "Medical Horro’r’oscope"
- Creating individual risk profile and recommending Life style changes
- Suggesting investigations, where required
- cost-effective and
- Setting goals for abnormal/ high risk variables
HEAL Nurture - akin to having a DeFacto CMO
- Setting goals of abnormal parameters and guiding employees to attain them
- Necessary investigations
- Periodic (pre-fixed frequency) touch points (voice, mail, SMS)
- Constant availability for keymen on GSM
- Recommending, organizing and monitoring hospitalization for quality and cost effective care
HEAL Empower - training that touches life
- Customized lifestyle management training modules based on HEAL Assess trend analysis
- Structured training modules for
- First Aid
- Wellness & Stress Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Anger Management & Grievances Handling
Years of experience dealing with the corporate world has shown that several chronic ailments, although diagnosed, are not treated optimally resulting in premature mortality and/ or severe morbidity. Insurance industry is bearing major brunt of such improperly treated ailments.
Common issues being
- Improper control of hypertension - High BP is one of the commonest causes of Coronary Artery Disease (read-heart attack) and Stroke (click to see image). Suboptimal treatment, not proper follow ups and delay in diagnosing complications can be catastrophic.
- Suboptimal management lipid abnormalities: as high as 47% people in the age group 28-47 have lipid abnormalities that require care; either diet control with exercise or drugs or both. Effective therapy to modify lipid levels is available but lack of awareness regarding seriousness of situation makes almost half of high-risk patients do not attain guideline-recommended lipid targets. Abnormal lipid levels are risk factors for Coronary Artery Disease (read-heart attack), stroke and peripheral arterial disease. Smoking compounds the deleterious effect of dyslipidaemia.
- Inadequate control of diabetes: almost 40% diabetics do not get a single HbA1c testing done and less than a quarter of those tested had ideal or optimal levels of blood glucose and HbA1c. Early detection of complications leads to a better quality of life.
- Self medication - Indians in general and corporate India in particular are in clutches of self medication; lack of time to visit a doctor, irregular working hours, irregular eating patterns all lead to vague fatigue, bodyache etc
- Pain killers: injudicious use of pain killers is giving early kidney failure(s), as early as early in 30s.
- Overuse of sedatives: The use of tranquilizers is rampant.
- Obesity - weight gain is another major health issue compounded by lack of physical exercise and dependence on fast foods.
- Backache - low back pain and neck pain also ail a large percentage of office staff. Largely due to mechanical and postural problems, simple ways of exercising on the work station is all that is required.
Travel Related Advice
With India Inc going through its golden era, both leisure and work related travel is more of a rule than exception. With mega M & As, even inward travel has become frequent. Memories of SARS may have faded but one can not ignore the fact that with disappearing boundaries, global spread of infection is a horrifying reality. Even travel within the country, whether car, train or plane is fraught with the similar danger.
Possible health problems posed by travel include:
- Diseases that one would not expect to encounter in one’s own country but which are prevalent in others e.g. yellow fever in Africa for outbound travel from India and malaria & dengue for inbound travel to India.
- Poor healthcare standards in developing countries necessitating better control of pre-existing conditions e.g. hypertension, asthma, diabetes etc.
- Reference of ideal healthcare units in India, even in distant areas, for quality care.
- Warning and prevention of effects of travel itself eg
- Those with chronic cold/ sinusitis
- Deep vein thrombosis,
- Adjustment of dosage of anti diabetic medication esp Insulin across time zones
- Worsening of backache
- Flying with infants
- Need and necessity of vaccination while travelling.